RambleJunkie Home

RambleJunkie Home
RambleJunkie Home

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Vagina Museum, London - 28.01.2020

Today out of morbid curiosity I took my friend Denzil along with me to visit the newly established Vagina Museum in Camden. It is free to enter though donations are welcome. At present it is a single large room. On one side are a number of large noticeboards debunking some of the vaginally related myths (Apparently vaginally douching with Pepsi is no reliable method of contraception... I did not even know that was a thing) punctuated by a couple of models including a giant sequined tampon. I have to concede that even my love of things that sparkle did not infuse me with a burning desire to possess that particular item.

On the other side of the room is the gift shop, consistent predominantly at this time of a selection of 'feminine' themed books and an array of typical gift shop memorabilia such as badges, stickers, notebooks and costume jewellery in rather atypical styles of... you guessed it.... vulva's.
Couldn't think of a single outfit that necklace would go with, save one, and that outfit already has one, so skipped on this particular purchase.

There was some information there for those of us who pre-dated the days when sex education was in the curriculum, but this museum still truly is in it's infancy and at this time it is more of a small exhibition. If I am honest, I had been rather hoping to see a series of 'theme' photos for comparison because I do sometimes wonder - as a heterosexual woman who has seen no others barring her own and those of porn stars - 'Does mine look normal?' and this is a question I still left this exhibition asking myself.

Still, as the donations come in, I hope that the museum will expand to answer this and no doubt the boundless array of further questions us ladies are quietly wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wonderful Things" by Tim Walker - V&A museum, 25.02.2020

The thing about one's raison d'etre being scouting and blogging museum exhibitions, is that not all museum exhibitions are precisely...